6 Things You Should Consider To Make Your Website Responsive In 2018
The responsive design for your website has become the best and the most preferred method for the development of the websites with a multi-device friendly approach. The Google recommended this and also embraced by some of the most significant sites on the web today; the quality responsive websites were equal parts development and the design efforts.
Today, in this article we will look at the six [ 6 ] best points to make your website more responsive.
Here Are The 6 Things Which You Should Consider To Make Your Website Design Responsive In 2018:
1. Start With Your Own Brand
Before any coding takes place first, you have to start with your brand. As you know that the more and the more competition is entering in our domestic and the global market and due to this it seems like a darn near the impossible to stand out. By having the clear idea about the brand differentiate into the marketplace will be the one of the main and the best way to attract the more and more customers towards you, close more leads and also delight customers. Whenever the peoples will hit your website, the first impression must reflect your brand’s presence and even the message and the promise to your customers.
Your brand must answer all the four questions which are necessary:
- Who are you?
- How will they find you?
- Why should they care?
- Who needs to know?
2. Proper Planning For Content
The content planning is the always first priority in my views, and it is also considered the top priority for the responsive design for your website. Building on a perfect design for your site is the ideal time to make your website content more productive, more readable and also the accessible regardless of what the device is being viewed on. You should also consider the map order so that the content of the website will appear on every single page at the smallest browser width. You must think about the content of your website, and it would be better if you plan the content strategy for your site.
3. Optimize For The SEO [ Search Engines ]
To be indexed by the google, bing and the Yahoo! You must have to use the following criteria in creating the structure of your page:
- Use The Accurate keywords titles and the descriptions, to do this you can also use the Google trends tool or the Moz bar to target the right keywords.
- Fast Loading Pages, You must be optimized for the images and use the CSS for your site’s visual speed elements. Your website must be load in less than the 2 seconds or the people which will abandon your website.
- The flow of the fresh and the relevant content on your blog, Let me tell you this thing that around 77% of the peoples which uses the internet will mostly read blogs. By doing the blogging on the regular basis, you will easily receive the 55% more than the website visitors. By creating the exciting content, you will easily increase the chances of getting off the backlinks from the other credible websites which will pass the ” link juice ” to your website and increase your website’s SEO rankings. You must also have your content tweeted and shared or liked.
- Lower Bounce Rates, If you will be correctly done all the above points, then you should see the lower bounce rates. 50% or the less bounce rate is very good and excellent, 60-70% of the bounce rate is typical, 70-80% is a poor bounce rate, and the 80%+ bounce rate is very very bad and dangerous for your website. When the google will see your sites with a high bounce rate, it will typically mean the site will load slow, and it is also considered as the spam site on the site with keywords which were not appropriate to what the whole website is about.
- Social Proof, If you haven’t embraced the LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ or the Twitter then it is now the time.
By adding the social proof to your website which you will humanize your brand and this thing will also allow your users to share the content far and wide which is present on your website.
4. Always Say “NO” To The Navigation Menu
As a responsive website, you must consider to the targeting of the smaller screens [ like the small smartphones or the tablets ], and it is also always considered and recommended to hide the main menu, i.e., the navigation menu. In Its place, you can also select the combining an icon and the text for indicating to the user about that particular menu. If you want, then you can also include a simple drop-down menu which will slides down or an overlaying of the technique where the main menu will be expanded and also covers the entire screen. If your website will contain the 2-3 navigational menus and in this, you can also include these into a simple menu on the screen. If in case there are more than the 3 elements then you can also consider the creating of a single icon that will open a drop-down menu.
5. Create The Optimized Images
To the building of the responsive design of the layouts, you must create an optimized image for each layout. By doing this thing, you can easily reduce the bandwidth and the scaling issues into your website. You must try to use the GIF, JPEG and the PNG-8 file formats. You will never use the PNG as it can bloat the sizes of your files by 5 to 10 times.
You should always try to use the exact measurements within an image [ i.e., 400x250px at 100ppi ] and also set the dimensions of the images to match the things. This thing will eliminate the scaling, and it will also help you in preserving the quality and the resolution of the website images. If your images will scale this, then his would cause the resolution and the also the color depth and the problems.
6. Make Use Of The Icons Where Appropriate
By doing and correctly using all these, icons can easily improve the responsive design of a website in the different number of ways. A well designed and the appropriate iconography will be very helpful in replacing the long bursts of the text which is especially helpful on the smaller screens where space is at the premium.
- Icons can often be delivered to a particular website by using the SVG format of the file. These scalable vector graphics were a perfect fit for a multi-device user-friendly sites since they will be resized as needed without adding a file size of the images themselves.
- The SVG files can also be animated with a CSS by adding some impressive effects to a design without bogging it down with the lots of extra scripts that will make a negative impact on the website’s performance. The fallback support will be also required for the browsers that don’t support the SVG but for those that will do the use of this file name format which has a lot of numbers of benefits.
By making the responsive design of your website, it is easier for all the users to view your site it doesn’t matter that what device they will use. Creating the enticing responsive design of your website will require some extensive amount of efforts and time if you are not a technical person then you can hire any web design company to do this work for you. If you will use the above 6 steps to follow the technique for the creating of the responsive website design, I am sure that you will quickly make a perfect and the responsive design for your website.
I hope all points will be apparent to you and if you know some other best practices that website should follow then you feel free to share in the comment box. If you like this article, then don’t forget to share on your all social mediums channels.
Latest posts by Deepak Gupta (see all)
- 4 Benefits of Internet Roaming for Overseas Travelers - January 30, 2019
- Top 7 Web Design Myths - December 21, 2018
- iMessage Not Working on iPhone? The Fix! - December 13, 2018