All about yahoo safe search – read and use it for safety
Safe browsing is good for the kids and mature people as well because most of the times it happens that you get a big list of sex-oriented websites while searching for something else on search engines like Yahoo, Google, and Bing.
In the article, All About Google SafeSearch, we had described the meaning of safe search and the process of enabling Google Safe Search for Kids. Like Google, Yahoo also thinks about your kids and their unintentional exposure to sexual and adult-oriented content. Kids are innocent but love to explore every new thing; therefore, they use search engines like Yahoo Search to collect information about what comes in their mind. However, sometimes due to typing mistakes, they get a wrong list of websites that contain sexual or adult-oriented content.
At that time, most of the kids exit the page whereas most start exploring what they have been seeing. Such unintentional appearance of sexual oriented things makes the parents worried. Therefore, many people look for options to enable safe search for kids on Yahoo Search.
Here, in this article, we tell you the process of enabling Yahoo safesearch to refrain explicit, sexual, and adult-oriented websites from the search result. Listed below are the steps that will help you to configure yahoo safe search:
- Open the Internet Explorer or any other web browser you want.
- Type search.yahoo.com in the address bar and open it. The Yahoo Search page opens up.
- Find the text Preferences or Yahoo search preferences on the page. If you do not see the text, then look for the More option.
- Once you get the More option, click the down arrow beside it and select the Preferences option.
- Click the Edit link in the Safe Search box and then select one of the following options, as per your requirements:
- Filter out adult Web, video, and image search results – SafeSearch On
- Filter out adult video and image search results only – SafeSearch On
- Do not filter results (results may include adult content) – SafeSearch Off
Note: Before selecting any option, make sure that you are logged into your Yahoo account otherwise the settings will not be saved for permanently. Selecting the “Filter out adult video and image search results only – SafeSearch On” is highly recommended for safe search.
- Once, you have logged into your Yahoo account, select the “Lock SafeSearch setting to filter out adult Web, video, and image search results” check box in the Safe Search lock area so that no one can make yahoo safe search off later on.
- Click the Save button.
- Your settings are saved.
Now, safe search for kids is enabled in the Yahoo Search engine on your computer system. Like this, you can also enable safe search on Google.com.
Latest posts by Deepak Gupta (see all)
- 4 Benefits of Internet Roaming for Overseas Travelers - January 30, 2019
- Top 7 Web Design Myths - December 21, 2018
- iMessage Not Working on iPhone? The Fix! - December 13, 2018