How to Convert Excel to PDF?
How to convert Excel file to PDF is a very common question now days because sharing an excel sheet as PDF file is more beneficial.
When an Excel file is shared as the PDF file, then its structure, properties, and formatting remains same even when the operating systems differ.
For example, you created the PDF on the computer having Windows operating system and then delivered it to the person having the Linux operating system.
The Excel sheet in PDF format will look similar on both of the operating systems. Furthermore, you can apply password on it so that no one can access the crucial information enclosed in it. But, the most challenging question in front of the computer users is how to convert Excel to PDF. Is this only possible with the help of a third party Excel to PDF converter tool or it can be done free. Yes, you can convert Excel to PDF free.
However, for this you need to install OpenOffice Calc on your computer. Do not worry, OpenOffice Calc is free and easy to install. You can download it from http://www.openoffice.org/ After downloading and installing OpenOffice Calc, execute the following steps to convert Excel file to PDF free:
- Navigate to the location where the Excel file that you want to convert to PDF is available.
- Right-click the file and select the Open With > SCalc option. The selected file will be opened in OpenOffice Calc.
- Now, Select File > Export as PDF option. The “PDF Options” dialog box appears. The dialog box comprises following tabs to help you set PDF properties:
- General: Here, you can configure settings to specify page range, export notes, export bookmarks, etc.
- Initial View: Here, you can set the initial view of the PDF file.
- User Interface: Here, you can set the user interface properties like whether you want to hide the menu bar or not, etc.
- Links: Here, you can configure settings to open links embedded in the PDF file.
- Security: Here, you can specify password to the PDF file to make it secure.
- Configure settings to convert Excel file to PDF and then click the Export button. The Export dialog box appears.
- Specify a name and location to the PDF file and click the Save button.
- As you click the Save button, the OpenOffice Calc starts converting Excel to PDF free. Once the process is done, you can access the PDF from the location where it is saved.
This is how to convert Excel to PDF free. Like this you can also convert Word to PDF free.
Latest posts by Deepak Gupta (see all)
- 4 Benefits of Internet Roaming for Overseas Travelers - January 30, 2019
- Top 7 Web Design Myths - December 21, 2018
- iMessage Not Working on iPhone? The Fix! - December 13, 2018