How to Make Word 2007 Documents Compatible With Word 97-2003
If you need to open a Microsoft Word 2007 document with Word 97, Word 2000, or Word 2003 then this post will be a help. This post tells you “how to make Word 2007 documents compatible with Word 97, Word 2003, and Word 2000.
MS Word 2007 is the most preferred text editor among home users and professionals as well. Everyone who uses this text editor must know how easy it is to create, edit, and format various types of documents in it. However, there is a compatibility issue with it i.e. the documents created in it cannot be opened with the MS Word’s versions lower than it i.e. 97-2003. The file extension in Word 2007 is.docx while in versions from 97-2003 documents are saved with.doc extension. Due to the difference in file’s extension, 97-2003 versions cannot open the document created in Word 2007 and displays compatibility errors.
How to Make Word 2007 Documents Compatible With Word 97-2003 by saving a .docx document in .doc format.
To Save a Single Document in 97-2003 Compatible Format, which is .doc, execute the following steps:
1. When you are ready to save a document, click the Word 2007 button at top-right corner.
2. Select the Save As option and then Select the Word 97-2003 Document option. The Save As dialog box appears.
3. Select location to save the document.
4. Type a desired name for the document.
5. Click the Save button. The document will be saved at the specified location in.doc format i.e. in 97-2003 format.
Configure Word 2007 to Automatically Save All Documents in .doc Format: Apart from saving a single document in .doc format, you can configure Word 2007 to automatically save all documents in.doc format.
Configuring 2007 is beneficial for those who need to share.docx documents with the users who do not use Word 2007. You can easily configure 2007 to automatically save documents in 97-2003 compatible format by executing the following steps:
1. Click the Word 2007 button at top-right corner.
2. Click the Word Options button at the bottom.
3. Click the Save option in Left pane.
4. Now, select Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc) in the “Save file in this format” drop-down list in the “Save documents” section.
5. Click the OK button. Word 2007 has been successfully configured.
Now, 2007 will automatically save all documents in .doc format. This is how to make Word 2007 documents compatible with all versions of MS Word.
Latest posts by Deepak Gupta (see all)
- Top 7 Web Design Myths - December 21, 2018
- iMessage Not Working on iPhone? The Fix! - December 13, 2018
- Hubspot API – Advantages, Challenges, and Examples - November 29, 2018