Microsoft Word Viewer and Its Benefits
This post tells how Microsoft Word Viewer is a boon for those who do not have MS Word but they need to open and view MS Word document.
Many computer users do not actually need to buy MS Word because they do not often use it. For such users, opening the word document received from someone can be a headache. To open the received Word file, MS Word is required. Those, who have MS Word feel happy at that moment but those who lack it are surrounded by troubles.
To take such people out of the trouble, Microsoft has provided MS Word Viewer for all versions of MS Word, such as 97, 2000, 2003, XP, 2007, and 2010. Microsoft Word Viewer is a boon for those who want to open, print, or copy word documents, but do not have MS Office installed on their computers.
Using this application, documents in following formats can be easily opened, printed, or copied:
- Word Document (.docx)
- Word Macro-Enabled Document (.docm)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Text (.txt)
- Web Page formats (.htm, .html, .mht, .mhtml)
- WordPerfect 5.x (.wpd)
- WordPerfect 6.x (.doc, .wpd)
- Works 6.0 (.wps)
- Works 7.0 (.wps)
- XML (.xml)
Using the Microsoft Word Viewer means to open documents in above-listed formats and for this, you do not need to buy Microsoft Office Package. Though, this tool from Microsoft is a boon for those who do not have MS Office installed on their computers, they are restricted from saving the opened document. However, if you need a part of the data from the document, then you can copy it and save it into the notepad or any other editor. If you need all pages from the document, then you can take a printout of the document.
Another problematic situation for the users of Microsoft Word Viewer is its version. If you have Microsoft Word Viewer that supports document formats up to Word 2003 then you will not be able to open any document having XML based format i.e. docx or docm format. To open the document having .docx or .docm format, you need to explicitly download the compatibility pack for the Word Viewer.
How to Download Microsoft Word Viewer
Listed below are the steps that will help you find and download Microsoft Word Viewer:
- Open the webpage of Microsoft by typing microsoft.com.
- Go to its Download center by selecting the Downloads and Trials tab.
- Type Microsoft Word Viewer in the search bar and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
- You will see a big list of the sites from where you can download the software.
Open the website to download Microsoft Word Viewer. On the same page, you will also get a link to download the compatibility pack, which you will need to open documents created using the MS Word versions later than 2003. I hope this article will be a help. If yes, please share your feedback with a comment.
Latest posts by Deepak Gupta (see all)
- How you can repair Outlook data file called PST? - May 31, 2017
- How to Fix Epubcheck Errors in Smashwords? - May 25, 2017
- Turn 24 Hours into 36 Productive Ones with These Business Apps - May 2, 2017