How to Setup an Email Account in Outlook 2007
After installing Outlook 2007, you need to add email account in Outlook 2007, which is not an easy task. Even for those, who are having good experience in using software may feel it difficult setting up email account in Outlook. I had experienced the same problem; therefore, I came with a decision to help others in setting up email account in Outlook.
How to Setup an Email Account in Outlook
This article is written to give you an answer to the question “How to setup an email account in Outlook 2007.” Listed below are the steps that help you add email account in Outlook in a systematic manner:
Step 1: Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. The “Outlook 2007 Startup” wizard appears.
Step 2: Click the Next button. The “E-mail account” page of the wizard appears.
Step 3: Select the Yes option and then click the Next button. The “Auto Account Setup” page appears.
Step 4: Select the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” check box and click the Next button. The “Choose E-mail Service” page appears.
Step 5: Select the Internet E-mail option and click the Next button. The “Internet E-mail Settings” page appears. In this page, enter the following information in their respective fields:
- Your Name: Name that you want to appear in Outlook.
- E-mail Address: Your email address that is provided by the service provider. For example, my email ID is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: Select POP3 in the drop-down box.
- Incoming mail server: Specify the incoming mail server provided by the email provider. In my case, the email provider is Go Daddy.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Specify the outgoing mail server provided by the email provider. In my case, the email provider is Go Daddy.com
- User Name: This is your email address.
- Password: This is the password provided to you by the email service provider. You must specify it for security purpose.
You can collect information about the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server by logging into the webmail account provided by the email service provider. In my case, the webmail is secureserver.net. After logging into the webmail account, access the Email Client Settings to get information about the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server.
Step 6: Now, click the More Settings button. The “Internet E-mail Settings” dialog box appears. In this dialog box:
- Select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” check box and make sure that “Use same settings as my incoming mails server “option is selected.
- Select the Advanced tab. Appearance of the “Internet E-mail Settings” dialog box gets changed:
- Enter 110 in the Incoming Server (Pop3) field.
- Enter 587 in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field. These are the values for non-secure connection.
- Click the OK button. You are navigated back to the “Internet E-mail Settings” page.
Step 7: Click the Test Account Settings button. The software starts checking the information your provided to setting up email account in Outlook.
Step 8: When the testing process is finished, click the Close button.
Step 9: Then, click the Next button. The “Congratulations” page appears.
Step 10: Click the Finish button to complete the process of setting up email account in Outlook.
This is “How to Setup an Email Account in Outlook.” I hope I have given a perfect answer to your search.
Note: If you still face a problem with setting up an email account in Outlook then i suggest you to submit a request to the hosting provider, as they might help you by telling the exact process as per their hosting requirements.
Latest posts by Deepak Gupta (see all)
- 4 Benefits of Internet Roaming for Overseas Travelers - January 30, 2019
- Top 7 Web Design Myths - December 21, 2018
- iMessage Not Working on iPhone? The Fix! - December 13, 2018